1 doz. Corn tortillas
2 Yellow onions
4 Cloves garlic
2 Zucchini squash
1 Crook neck squash
1 tbsp. Virgin Olive oil
8 oz. Grated Jack cheese
16 oz. Red Chile sauce (Las Palmas)
1. Cut old corn tortillas into 2" pieces.
2. Dice onions, garlic and squash. Sauté with the
3. Grate cheese.
4. Layer the tortilla mixture, sauce, and cheese in
Cover the top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake in 325 degree F. oven for 45 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
This dish is a popular Mexican peasant’s dish and is
usually made with
Makes 8 servings.