OZRO STUFFED ZUCCHINI
Makes: 8 Servings
1 lb Ozro, Ditalini or other small pasta shape,
8 5-inch medium zucchini
3 tbsps olive or vegetable oil, divided
2 cups carrots, shredded
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
½ cup sliced scallions, white and green parts
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ cups turkey ham, chopped
1/4 cup honey mustard
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped, or
- 1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Cook zucchini in boiling water 4 minutes or until
3. Cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out centres,
leaving a 1/4-inch shell; set aside.
4. Chop centres, reserving 1 cup for filling.
5. Cook carrots, mushrooms, scallions and garlic in
2 tbsps oil in large skillet over medium heat 3
6. Stir in turkey ham and reserved chopped cooked
zucchini. Cook 1 minute.
7. Drain pasta. Place in large mixing bowl.
8. Stir in honey mustard, basil, salt, pepper and
remaining 1 tbsp live oil; mix well.
9. Add vegetable and ham mixture; toss until
10. Preheat oven to 375 F.
11. Fill each zucchini shell with ½ cup mixture.
Sprinkle each with 1 tbs cheese.
12. Bake on cookie sheet 8 to 10 minutes or until
cheese is melted and filling is hot.
13. Serve immediately with basil garnish.