2 Cups packed finely shredded cabbage
1 Medium onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Virgin Olive oil.
1/2 Cup packed shredded carrots
1/2 Cup packed shredded potatoes
3 Very large garlic cloves, minced.
1 Pound of very lean beef (important- you can use
game meat such as moose, venison, elk, buffalo,
2 Whole eggs
1 Cup of old fashion rolled oats
1/4 Teaspoon Oregano leaves, crumbled
1 Teaspoon dried Basil leaves, crumbled
1/2 Teaspoon of salt, if desired
1/4 Fresh ground pepper
1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1/4 Cup of water.
1. Sauté the cabbage and onion in the oil in a large
over medium heat, stirring often, for about 5
2. Add the carrots and garlic, and sauté for 5 more
3. In a large bowl combine all other ingredients and
4. Add to the beef mixture the cooked vegetables and
shredded potatoes, and mix the ingredients well.
in a shallow baking pan. Cover the pan tightly with
5. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30
Uncover the meat loaf, and bake it 30 minutes
Let the meat rest for about 20 minutes before slicing it.