FETTUCCINE WITH VEGETABLES AND SCALLOPS
Makes: 6 Servings
12oz Fettuccine, uncooked
2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
2 stalks celery, julienned
1 res bell pepper, julienned
3 carrots, julienned
3 green onions, julienned
1 lb raw scallops
½ cup fresh orange juice
red pepper flakes to taste
1 tsp grated orange zest
3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
parsley to garnish
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Heat oil in large skillet; add celery, peppers,
carrots and green onions.
3. Cook, tossing until crisp but tender.
4. Slice scallops in thirds (bay scallops can be
5. Add to vegetables and toss until opaque, about 1
6. Add orange juice, pepper flakes and orange zest.
7. Cook 2 more minutes: pour over cooked pasta.
8. Toss with cheese.
9. Garnish with parsley.