ANGEL HAIR & ROASTED PEPPERS
Makes: 2 Servings
4oz Angel Hair or Cappellini, uncooked
3 medium or 2 large rice plum tomatoes, cored and
½ tbsp olive or vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1 large pinch hot red pepper flakes
½ cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
1/3 cup diced roasted red peppers
½ tsp dried basil
3 tbsps grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor and
blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute
for 30 seconds.
5. Add the peas, roasted red peppers and basil and
stir 1 minute.
6. Add the pureed tomatoes and heat just to boiling.
Remove sauce from heat.
7. Drain the pasta and transfer to skillet.
8. Stir over medium heat until pasta is well mixed
9. Sprinkle with grated parmesan. Serve.