SUNSHINE PASTA SALAD
Makes: 6 to 8 Servings
1 lb Penne or other medium pasta shape
1 lb boneless beef top sirloin, cut 1-inch thick
1/4 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
3 tbsps oil, divided
6 green onions, whites and tops, thinly sliced
2 large navel oranges, sectioned, cut into chunks or
2 small cans of mandarin oranges, drained
1 ½ cups jicama, cut into 2-inch strips
½ cup (bottled) olive oil vinaigrette dressing
1 tbsp coarse grain Dijon mustard
½ tsp crushed cumin seed
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions,
drain and rinse with cold water.
2. While pasta is cooking, rub beef with salt and
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over
medium-high heat until hot.
4. Add beef, cook 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare
to medium, turning once.
5. Remove; let stand 5 minutes.
6. Slice thinly across the grain, cut into strips.
7. Add beef strips with meat juices, green onion,
orange and jicama to pasta.
8. Toss to mix.
9. Whisk remaining ingredients together in bowl.
10. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to combine.
11. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.