CUCUMBER RAITA CURRY PASTA SALAD
Makes: 6 Servings
1 lb Elbow Macaroni, Radiatore or other medium pasta
½ cup non-fat, plain yogurt, divided
2 tbsps fresh mint, finely chopped
1 medium tomato
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp curry powder
1 jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
½ cup celery, cut on the diagonal
1 cup julienned snow peas, raw and lightly cooked
1 cup cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped (optional)
1. To make the raita, trim the ends from the
cucumber, peel it and cut it in half lengthwise.
2. Scoop out the seeds and grate the cucumber
3. Stir the grated cucumber, 1/4 cup of the yogurt
and the mint together in a small bowl.
4. Core the tomato and cut it in half crosswise.
5. Squeeze out the seeds and finely dice the tomato.
6. Heat the oil in a small skillet over low heat.
7. Add the curry powder and the jalapeno and cook
until the curry is fragrant, about 1 minute.
Remove and cool.
8. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
9. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Drain
10. Stir the remaining 1/4 cup of the yogurt and the
sour cream together in a large bowl.
11. Stir in the curry mixture, pasta, diced tomato,
snow peas and shrimp.
12. Let stand 30 minutes, tossing once or twice
13. Top each serving with a dollop of the cucumber raita.