1. Wash rice in several of changes of water until
the water runs clear.
2. Place rice in a 3 quart saucepan that has a tight
3. Add water and grated ginger.
4. Bring to a boil, uncovered.
5. Reduce heat slightly but continue to cook
uncovered until surface water disappears and holes
appear in the surface of the rice.
6. Cover tightly, turn heat very low and cook 20
7. Add snow peas and cover.
8. Cook 2 minutes longer then remove from heat and
let stand 2 to 5 minutes before serving.
9. Stir gently to combine rice with snow peas.