RICE WITH ROASTED RED PEPPERS,
BLACK OLIVES & FETA
MAKES: 6 Servings
1 large red bell peppers, roasted
1 ½ cups long-grain white rice
1 tbsp olive oil – or less
3 green onions, chopped with greens
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped, softened
3 tbsp kalamata olives, chopped and pitted
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground – or to taste
1/4 cup feat cheese, crumbled
fresh parsley – to garnish
1. Place the pepper on a pan and broil on high rack,
turning frequently until charred on all sides.
2. Transfer the peppers to a paper or plastic bag or
wrap in plastic wrap. Let cool.
3. Halve the pepper, core, seed, and chop.
4. Steam the rice, or boil according to package
5. In a small skillet, heat oil and saute the green
onion until soft. Add garlic, saute for 1 minute then
add parsley, lemon juice, sundried tomatoes, olives,
black pepper and cook, stirring, until
ingredients are heated.
6. Toss the hot rice with the bell pepper. Serve hot with