1. Thaw and drain the 4 10 oz. packages of spinach.
2. To make the filling, squeeze the spinach between
your hands to remove most of the liquid.
3. Place in a bowl or in a food processor. Add
parsley, green onions, dill, salt and pepper. Stir in the
ricotta cheese, egg, and feta cheese. Combine well.
4. Lightly coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with
nonstick cooking spray.
5. Lay one sheet of phyllo in the bottom of the dish
and drape the edges over the sides of the dish.
Spray lightly with cooking spray and cover with
another sheet phyllo dough. Brush that sheet
with garlic-olive oil mixture. Layer a total of four
sheets, coating each alternatively with nonstick
cooking spray and olive oil.
6. Spread half the filling over the prepared phyllo
dough. Lay another sheet of dough over the
filling and coat lightly with cooking spray. Lay
down another sheet and lightly coat with olive
oil. Continue alternating spray and olive oil for a
total of four sheets.
7. Layer remaining spinach filling on dough.
Continue layering phyllo dough over the filling,
spraying the first sheet and alternately brushing
with olive oil and spraying subsequent sheets.
8. When finished, brush the surface with olive oil
and roll edges of the dough inward to create an
attractive rim around the outside.
9. Score the surface with a sharp knife into 12
10. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake for 40
minutes until golden. Allow to cool 10 minutes