2 c. Cooked spinach (drained)
1/2 lb. Mushrooms
1/2 Quart envelope non-fat powdered milk
1 Lg. Whole onion
3 Fertile eggs
3/4 c. Grated low-fat Jack cheese
1 c. Liquid from spinach/mushrooms
1. Cook spinach for 4 minutes, drain well and save
2. Slice mushrooms and onions, sauté with 2
tablespoons. of white wine
until onion starts to wilt.
3. Mix 1 cup of cooled liquid with powdered milk.
Beat eggs well and
mix with milk liquid.
4. Mix spinach, onions, and mushrooms. Layer in a
deep 9" pie pan,
alternating with cheese. Pour liquid on top and
layer with any remaining
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven (350 degrees) for 30-35
minutes or until a
knife can be inserted and come out almost dry. It
will become solid as
it cools. Tastes almost sinful, however, without the
crust it is relatively
low in calories.
This makes 8 servings.