ZINGY LEMON CHICKEN PASTA
Makes: 4 Servings
8oz Radiatore, Elbow Macaroni or other medium pasta
4 chicken breast halves boned, skinned, cut into
5 green onions, sliced
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp butter or margarine
1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/3 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup skim milk
2 tsp prepared mustard
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup almonds, chopped
1/4 tsp paprika (optional)
2 tbsp chopped chives or scallions
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions;
2. Heat butter or margarine and oil in a skillet.
3. Add chicken pieces, green onions and garlic, and
saute until chicken is just firm and cooked
through, about 10 minutes.
4. Toss with cooked pasta and set aside.
5. Combine flour, salt, pepper and cayenne in a
saucepan; gradually add chicken broth and skim
milk, stirring with a wire whisk until smooth.
6. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring
constantly, until thickened.
7. Add mustard and lemon juice.
8. Allow to cool.
9. Add sauce to chicken-pasta mixture.
10. Put into a 2 ˝-quart casserole dish.
11. Sprinkle almonds and chopped chives over and
bake at 375 F for 10 minutes or until heated