ZESTY CHICKEN ZITI
Makes: 4 Servings
1 lb Ziti, Mostaccioli, or other medium pasta shape,
12oz cooked chicken, chopped
2 tsp butter or margarine
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsps all-purpose flour
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 10oz package frozen peas, defrosted and drained
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, warm the butter or
margarine over medium heat in a large skillet.
3. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Stir in the Dijon mustard and flour.
5. Very gradually whisk in chicken broth.
6. Bring the broth to a boil and stir in the lemon
juice, peas and parsley.
7. When pasta is done, drain it well.
8. Toss pasta and cooked chicken with sauce, season with salt and
pepper and serve.