THREE CHEESE PASTA
Makes: 6 to 8 Servings
1 lb Elbow Macaroni, Wagon Wheels or other medium
pasta shape, uncooked
4 tbsps margarine
4 tbsps flour
1 tsp dry mustard
4 cups skim milk, room temperature
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 15oz container part-skim ricotta cheese
8 oz white or yellow low-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
˝ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided chopped fresh
parsley for garnish
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions;
2. Heat margarine in a large saucepan over medium
heat until melted.
3. Add flour and stir until flour is lightly golden,
about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add dry mustard.
5. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
6. Cook until the sauce boils and is thickened,
whisking constantly over low heat, about 10 minutes.
7. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
8. In a mixing bowl, combine pasta with ricotta
cheese, half of the cheddar cheese, and half of the
9. Add the sauce.
10. Spoon into a lightly oiled 9 x 13-inch baking
11. Sprinkle remaining cheddar and Parmesan cheese
12. Bake at 350 F until browned on top, about
13. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
14. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.