1/4 lb Linguini (or vermicelli)
2 1/2 T Oil
3 Garlic cloves
Salt and pepper
1/2 c bacon pieces,Dried
1 T Flour *
2 T parsley,Dried
1 T Dry Milk *
1/2 c Parmesan,grated, fresh
* You may substitute a fresh raw egg for the flour
and dry milk if
Add the egg to the cooked, drained pasta, along with
mixture, and toss. Then mix in the cheese.
Time: 15 to 20 minutes Water: 1 quart
Equipment Needed: 1 frying pan, 1 pot
Packing the food: Put into three small bags, then
package with the
2. garlic, bacon, parsley
Carry in general provisions: flour and dry milk or
fresh egg, oil, salt
1. In a cup, mix 1 T dry milk with 1/2 c water. Have
the flour handy.
2. Boil a pot of water, cook the pasta 5 minutes or
until just done,
drain, and keep warm if possible.
3. Smash garlic cloves under the flat of your knife
blade and chop
them. In the frying pan, heat oil and cook the
garlic 1 minute over
medium heat. Add the bacon, parsley and 1 T flour.
Cook about 2
more minutes. Be careful not to burn. Add the milk
4. Add the pasta and cheese and toss. Season with salt and