SPAGHETTI BEEF STIR-FRY
Makes: 6 Servings
8 oz Spaghetti, Fusilli or Linguine, uncooked
4 tbsps cornstarch, divided
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp dry sherry (optional)
1 clove garlic, minced
˝ tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp pepper
12 oz boneless beef round steak, cut into thin
2 cups cold water
2 ˝ tbsps vegetable oil, divided
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
1 large onion, cut into chunks
1 10oz package frozen cut green beans, thawed and
1. In a small bowl, blend 1 tbsp each of the
cornstarch and soy sauce, sherry, garlic, ginger and
2. Add beef; marinate for 30 minutes in the
3. In a small bowl, blend remaining 3 tbsp
cornstarch into water.
4. Stir in remaining 1/3 cup soy sauce.
5. Prepare pasta according to package directions;
6. Add 1 tsp oil to pasta, toss to coat.
7. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add meat
mixture and stir-fry 1 minute.
8. Remove meat mixture from heat.
9. In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil.
10. Add carrots and onion and stir-fry until tender
11. Stir in meat, cornstarch mixture and green
12. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is
thickened and translucent.
13. Arrange pasta on warm serving platter, and top
with meat mixture.