1. Put the bread into a medium mixing bowl and pour
the milk over it. Let it sit 5 minutes.
2. Add the egg whites, chicken, beef, basil,
oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Knead the mixture with your hands until it is
4. Form mixture into approximately 30 balls.
5. Warm ˝ tsp oil in a non-stick skillet, add half
the meatballs and brown them on all sides. Spoon
the meatballs in the sauce. Add the remaining
meatballs to skillet, brown on all sides and add
them to sauce.
Basic Tomato Sauce:
1. In a medium heavy-bottom saucepan, stir together
the oil, onion and garlic. Cook over low heat,
stirring often, until the onion is tender and
2. In a food processor or blender, puree the
3. Add the tomatoes and tomato paste to the onions
and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
4. Simmer sauce for 25 minutes over low heat.
5. Add meatballs and simmer until sauce is heated through, 15
minutes. Serve over prepared pasta.