SEAFOOD PASTA STIR-FRY
Makes: 6 Servings
1 lb Bow Ties , Radiatore or other medium pasta
2 tbsps white wine vinegar
2 tbsps reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp orange peel, grated
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
8oz medium, fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 oz fresh sea scallops
1 tbsp vegetable oil
˝ tsp hot red pepper flakes (optional)
8 oz fresh snow peas, cut in half
2 carrots, cut julienne
1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, cut
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp water
1. Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, orange
peel and orange juice in a non-metallic bowl; add
shrimp and scallops and toss gently to coat seafood.
2. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, stirring
3. Cook pasta according to package directions.
4. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in non-stick wok
5. Add shrimp mixture (do not drain).
6. Add hot red pepper flakes, if using.
7. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
8. Add snow peas, carrots and bell pepper; cover and
cook 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and
scallops are opaque.
9. Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into wok.
10. Cook 1 minute.
11. When pasta is done, drain well.
12. Transfer to serving bowl and pour stir-fry over
13. Toss lightly and serve.