PORK & PEAR PASTA
Makes: 8 Servings
1 lb Ziti or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
1 can pear halves packed in heavy syrup, undrained
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 lb lean boneless pork, cut in strips
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
˝ tsp whole thyme
2 cups fresh spinach, sliced thinly
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, drain and chop pears,
reserving 1 ˝ cups of juice.
3. Blend cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth.
4. Sprinkle pork with ground red pepper.
5. In a large non-stick, heat oil over high heat.
6. Add pork and stir-fry until thoroughly cooked.
7. Remove pork from skillet and set aside. Add bell
pepper to skillet saute 1 minute.
8. Add pears and thyme.
9. Cook until thoroughly heated, stirring
10. Add pork, reserved juice, cornstarch mixture,
11. Cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring
12. Drain pasta. Place in a large bowl.
13. Add pork mixture and toss.
14. Add spinach and toss well.
15. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately