PASTA WITH TURKEY SAUSAGE AND OLIVES
Makes: 4 to 6 Servings
1 lb Mostaccioli, Rigatoni or other medium pasta
8 oz Italian-style turkey sausage
1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups canned Italian plum tomatoes, crushed
12 medium black olives, pitted and sliced
pinch of crushed red pepper
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Crumble the sausage into a lightly oiled skillet.
2. Place over a medium heat and saute, stirring
often to break up the meat, until the sausage is
3. Drain and cool the meat.
4. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium
5. Add the garlic and fry until golden brown.
6. Add the tomatoes, olives and crushed red pepper.
7. Return the sausage to the skillet and add the
salt and pepper to taste.
8. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is
thickened, about 5 minutes.
9. Prepare the pasta according to package
10. Before draining, reserve one cup of the pasta
11. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot over
12. Add the sauce. If the sauce is too thick to
evenly coat the pasta, add some of the reserved pasta
13. Stir in the parsley.
14. Divide the pasta among serving plates.
15. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.