1. Peel, seed and chop tomatoes.
2. Mince the garlic.
3. Heat the olive oil over low heat in a saucepan.
4. Add the garlic and cook over a medium heat for
about 3 minutes, until soft.
5. Add the tomatoes, raise the heat to high, and
cook for 5 minutes, until they give up some of their
6. Chop the parsley and basil.
7. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted
water until tender, about 3 minutes for fresh pasta.
8. Drain and return pasta to pot.
9. Add tomato sauce and fresh herbs.
10. Toss over low heat until pasta is lightly coated
with sauce and warmed through.
11. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
12. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese if desired.