PASTA WITH ITALIAN CHICKEN AND SCALLIONS
Makes: 4 Servings
12oz Fettuccine, uncooked
12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups non-fat Italian salad dressing
2 cups water, divided
2 bunches scallions or spring onions, chopped
1 chicken bouillon cube
2 tsp margarine
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, chopped
chopped parsley for garnish
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions;
2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in Italian
dressing and water over medium-high heat until cooked
3. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly.
4. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
5. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a
6. Add the onions with margarine and ˝ cup of the
reserved liquid in a food processor or blender
7. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
8. Toss with pasta.
9. In a medium non-stick saute pan, heat oil over
10. Add bell pepper and saute until tender, about 3
to 4 minutes.
11. Arrange pasta on a platter and top with chicken
and bell pepper.
12. Toss lightly.
13. Garnish with parsley and serve.