PASTA STIR FRY WITH CITRUS AND ASPARAGUS
Makes: 4 Servings
1 lb Mostaccioli, Ziti, or other pasta shape,
2 tsps vegetable oil, divided
12oz frozen small shrimp, thawed
3 medium carrots, thinly sliced on diagonal
1 bunch scallions, sliced
1 lb asparagus, cut diagonally into 2-inch lengths
1 cup fresh orange juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, place 1 tsp vegetable oil
over high heat in a large non-stick wok or
skillet. Stir-fry the shrimp until firm, opaque and
lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Remove and
3. Add the remaining tsp of vegetable oil to the pan
and stir-fry the carrots for 2 minutes.
4. Add the asparagus and scallions and stir-fry for
another 3 to 4 minutes, until asparagus is tendercrisp.
5. When pasta is done, drain it well.
6. Add pasta, shrimp and orange juice to skillet and
toss until hot, about 2 minutes.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving