PASTA PORK STEW
Makes: 6 Servings
8oz Ditalini, Ozro or Alphabets, uncooked
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 lb lean, boneless pork loin, cut into 3/4-inch
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 cup chopped onion
½ cup celery, chopped
3 13 1/4oz cans fat-free, low sodium beef broth
1 ½ tbsps minced fresh rosemary or
- 1 ½ tsp dried rosemary
½ tsp salt
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch
2 cups fresh spinach
2 tbsps lime juice
1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or pot until hot.
2. Add pork; cook until no longer pink, about 4 to 5
3. Drain well.
4. Toss pork with red and black pepper in a howl;
5. Add ¼ cup beef broth to pot; add onion and
celery, and cook until tender.
6. Add pork, remaining beef broth, rosemary and
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Add pasta and sweet potatoes and boil, stirring
occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is
9. Stir in spinach and lime juice.
10. Serve immediately.