Makes: 4 Servings
30 Jumbo Shells or13 Manicotti Shells, uncooked
3 medium zucchini, grated
2 tsps garlic powder
1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
1 ˝ oz pepperoni slices, torn into small pieces
1 large egg
3 cups low-sodium tomato sauce
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
3 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, preheat oven to 450 F.
3. Toss the zucchini with the garlic powder and put
it into a colander.
4. Let it sit 5 minutes and then squeeze out as much
moisture as possible.
5. In a large bowl, mix zucchini mixture with bread
crumbs, pepperoni and egg white, stirring well.
6. In a medium bowl, stir together the ingredients
for the sauce.
7. When pasta is done, drain well.
8. Rinse with cold water and drain again.
9. Stuff the shells with the filling mixture and
arrange them in a 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
10. Spoon the sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with
the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
11. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.