PASTA CHICKEN CASSEROLE
Makes: 4 to 6 Servings
8oz Ziti, Mostaccioli or other medium pasta shape,
2 tbsp margarine, divided
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 3/4 cups skim milk
1/4 tsp salt
2 5oz cans chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1 2oz jar pimentos, drained and sliced
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
3. While pasta is cooking, melt 1 tbsp margarine in
skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add mushrooms and saute 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Drain off any liquid and set mushrooms aside.
6. Place the remaining margarine in the skillet and
melt over a medium-low heat.
7. With a wire whisk, stir in flour.
8. Gradually add the Dijon mustard, milk and salt,
stirring constantly until mixture boils and
9. Once thickened, stir in mushrooms and remove from
10. When pasta is done, drain well.
11. Return pasta to the pot and add chicken,
mushroom mixture, pimentos, cheese and pepper.
12. Combine all ingredients together and transfer to
a 2 quart casserole dish.
13. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
14. Serve immediately.