PASTA AND WHITE BEAN CASSEROLE
Makes: 4 Servings
8oz Rotini, Twists or Spirals, uncooked
4oz groung turkey
1 small onion, peeled and diced
1 bunch fresh broccoli, chopped (2 cups), or
-1 10oz package frozen broccoli, thawed, drained and
1 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried tarragon
1 16oz can tomatoes, liquid reserved, finely chopped
1 ˝ cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
1 15 ˝ oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp plain bread crumbs
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions;
2. Preheat oven to 350 f.
3. Crumble turkey into a large skillet and place
over medium heat.
4. Cook, stirring occasionally, until turkey is
cooked through, about 4 minutes.
5. Pour off all but 1 tbsp of the drippings in the
6. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes.
7. Add tomatoes and heat to boiling, stirring
8. Boil 3 minutes.
9. Remove skillet from heat and add chicken broth or
water, beans, salt and pepper to taste.
10. Stir well.
11. In a large bowl, combine broccoli and turkey
mixture with cooked pasta.
12. Toss well.
13. Transfer mixture into a 1 ˝ quart baking dish.
14. In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and Parmesan
cheese and sprinkle over casserole.
15. Bake until heated through in the centre, about 20 minutes.