PASTA, SPICY TOMATO AND TURKEY SAUSAGE
Makes: 6 Servings
1 lb Rotini, Twists or Spirals, uncooked
8oz Italian-style turkey sausage, casings removed
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed,
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 28oz can tomatoes, chopped with liquid
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 4oz can mushrooms, drained
1 ˝ tsp dried basil
1 tsp chili powder
˝ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions;
2. In a Dutch oven or a large skillet, cook sausage,
onion, green pepper, and garlic over medium
heat until sausage is no longer pink. Drain.
3. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, basil,
thyme and chili powder.
4. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
5. Pour sauce over pasta and top with cheese.