PACIFIC PESTO PASTA
Makes: 4 to 6 Servings
8oz Rotini, Twists or Spirals, uncooked
1 tbsp olive oil
3/4 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red onion, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 zucchini, diced
1 tomato, diced
2 tbsps sun dried tomato puree
2 tbsps, basil pesto
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
freshly chopped parsley for garnish
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a skillet
3. Add chicken strips and saute until chicken is
cooked through, about 6 minutes.
4. Add garlic and vegetables, and cook until soft,
about 4 minutes.
5. After vegetables are soft, add dries tomato puree
and pest, and mix well.
6. When pasta is done; drain thoroughly.
7. Add pasta to vegetable mixture and toss.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Transfer pasta to serving bowl and garnish with
freshly chopped parsley.
10. Serve immediately.