1 tbsp butter 2 lbs Ground Beef ˝ cup white wine ˝
cup grated kefolotiri (cheese)
2-3 peeled and chopped tomatoes 1 finely chopped
onion 1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 clove garlic parsley chopped salt pepper
1. Heat the butter in a large frying pan and saute
the ground beef and onion until slightly browned.
2. Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook over a
medium heat; allow to cool.
˝ cup butter 3/4 cup flour 4 cups hot milk 1 cup
grated kefalotiri 2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks nutmeg salt pepper
1. Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan, add the
flour and cook stirring for 1 minute.
2. Add the milk all at once and stir until the sauce
3. Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese, eggs and
1. Butter a baking pan and put in half the macaroni.
2. Cover with the meat filling. Top with remaining
3. Sprinkle with cheese and cover with the cream.
4. Sprinkle top with the rest of the cheese and cook
in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes or
until golden brown.
5. Cool for 20 minutes then cut into square pieces and serve.