Makes: 10 to 12 Servings
9 pieces Lasagne, uncooked
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1-lb eggplant, peeled and finely diced
3 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
4oz feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
1 28oz can tomato sauce
˝ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook lasagne according to package directions;
2. Preheat oven to 350 F.
3. Warm oil in a large saucepan over low heat.
4. Add onion, garlic and eggplant.
5. Cover and let vegetables cook until very soft,
about 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, stir together the ricotta, feat and
7. When vegetables are done, stir in tomato sauce.
8. Remove from heat and set aside 1 cup of eggplant
9. In a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish, spread a little
of the eggplant mixture over the bottom and cover
with 3 pieces of lasagne.
10. Spoon some of the ricotta over the lasagne.
11. Continue to layer with eggplant mixture,
lasagne, and ricotta.
12. Place a layer of lasagne on top.
13. Spread the reserved eggplant over lasagne and
sprinkle with Parmesan.
14. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until cheese is brown.