Makes: 7 Servings
14 pieces Manicotti, uncooked
1 lb extra-lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, diced
1 4oz can chopped green chilies, drained
3/4 cup non-fat sour cream, divided
˝ tsp salt
1 16oz jar mild picante sauce, heated
˝ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, saute beef, onion and
green pepper in a large skillet until browned; drain
3. Stir in chilies, ˝ cup sour cream and salt.
4. When pasta is done, drain well.
5. Fill manicotti with beef mixture.
6. Preheat oven to 375 F.
7. Spread ˝ cup picante sauce over bottom of a glass
9 x 13-inch baking dish that has been coated
with cooking spray.
8. Place filled manicotti side by side on top of
9. Pour remaining sauce even over manicotti.
10. Sprinkle with cheese.
11. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 to 25
minutes or until thoroughly heated.
12. Garnish with remaining sour cream and sprinkle
green onions on top.
13. Serve immediately.