LINGUINE WITH HAWAIIAN GRILLED CHICKEN
Makes: 6 to 8 Servings
1 lb Linguine or Vermicelli
1- ˝ lb boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1"x 3"
1 - ˝ cup light soy sauce
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
4 tbsp dark Oriental sesame oil
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger root
1 20oz can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and
2 medium onions, cut into 1" chunks
2 medium red bell peppers, cored and cut into 1"
2 medium yellow bell peppers, cored and cut into 1"
˝ cup toasted chopped macadamia nuts
1. Mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger,
sesame oil and the juice drained from the
2. Reserve 1 cup of sauce for the pasta.
3. Pour remaining sauce over the chicken, pineapple,
onion, and pepper chunks and marinate for
approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Prepare grill, either charcoal or gas barbecue.
5. While waiting for grill, cook pasta according to
6. Drain and toss with remaining sauce and place in
large serving dish.
7. Skewer marinated chicken and vegetables and grill
until cooked through; turning occasionally.
8. Remove from skewers and arrange over pasta.
9. Sprinkle with macadamia nuts and serve.