3/4 Cup spinach or whole wheat
or soy lasagna noodles
6 Cups Italian Tomato Sauce (recipe in index)
2 Cups low fat cottage cheese
3 Cups low fat mozzarella cheese
1-2 Bunches of fresh spinach (can use 4 cups frozen
1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook noodles in a very large pan of salted
until almost tender. After draining the noodles, it
helpful to spread them on towel or waxed paper.
2. Spray a 9"x 13"x 2 1/2" baking dish with Pam.
3. Spread a thin layer of noodles, lengthwise. Each
noodles should lie crosswise to the one below it.
4. On the first layer spread 1/2 cottage cheese &
Parmesan cheese; then a coating of sauce. Layer
noodles again, then the spinach and most of the
mozzarella, and sauce, more noodles a layer of
more cheeses and sauce. On the last layer you add
remaining sauce and cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes; then
15 minutes before cutting-otherwise it will be too