GRILLED VEGETABLE LINGUINE
Makes: 6 Servings
1 lb Linguine, Spaghetti or Thin Spaghetti, uncooked
5 Slices white or wheat bread
1 medium yellow squash, cut into thick slices
1 medium zucchini squash, cut into thick slices
1 small eggplant, cut into thick slices
1 medium onion, cut into thick slices
3 large tomatoes, cut into thick slices
˝ bunch fresh basil, finely chopped or - 1 tsp dry
1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped, or - 1 tsp dry
1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped or - 1 tsp dry
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
4 tbsps lemon juice
3 tbsps balsamic vinegar
1. Cook pasta according to package directions;
drain. Preheat oven to 250 F.
2. Tear bread slices into small pieces, place on
baking sheet and bake until dry, about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile brush zucchini and yellow squash with a
little vegetable oil and grill on both sides
along with eggplant, onion and tomato slices. Do not
over grill; keep fairly firm.
4. Cool slightly and chop into 3/8-inch pieces.
5. When bread is dry, crumble it with your hands or
chop in food processor until crumbled.
6. In a small bowl, combine basil, thyme and
oregano, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Toss crumbs in basil mixture to coat.
8. Heat oil in large saute pan.
9. Add lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and grilled
vegetables. Heat thoroughly.
10. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, if
11. Toss vegetables with cooked pasta.
12. Divide into servings.
13. Top with seasoned bread crumbs.
14. Serve immediately.