GREEN AND WHITE LASAGNE
Makes: 10 to 12 Servings
6 pieces Lasagne, uncooked
˝ cup onion, chopped
2 tbsps margarine
2 tbsps cornstarch
1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp dried basil, crushed
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups skim milk
1 10oz package frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and
1 2 1/4oz can sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
1 15oz carton part-skim ricotta cheese
1 beaten egg
1 8oz package shredded mozzarella cheese
˝ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook lasagne according to package directions;
2. Rinse in cold water; drain well.
3. In a medium saucepan, cook onion in margarine til
4. Stir in cornstarch, parsley, basil, garlic powder
and nutmeg. Add milk all at once.
5. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
6. Stir in spinach and olives.
7. In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta and egg.
8. Add mozzarella and half of the Parmesan; mix
9. Preheat oven to 350 F.
10. Arrange three of the lasagne pieces int the
bottom of a greased 12 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish.
11. Top with half of the spinach mixture and half
the ricotta mixture.
12. Repeat layers. Top with remaining Parmesan
13. Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly.
14. Let stand for 10 minutes.