GARDEN PASTA WITH TOMATO SAUCE
Makes: 6 Servings
1 lb Spaghetti, Linguine or Thin Spaghetti, uncooked
4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 15oz can Italian-flavour tomato sauce
1 tsp dried basil or 2 tbsps chopped fresh basil
˝ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces*
1 medium zucchini or yellow squash, halved and
1 medium red bell pepper, cut in ˝ -inch pieces
freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions;
2. In a large saucepan, combine tomatoes, tomato
sauce, basil and black pepper; mix well and bring
to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
4. Remove cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 15
to 20 minutes longer, or until slightly
5. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high
6. Add asparagus, zucchini and bell pepper.
7. Stir-fry until vegetables are tender.
8. Combine pasta with vegetable mixture and toss
9. Spoon tomato sauce over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan