FLORIBBEAN PASTA RISOTTO WITH SHRIMP &
Makes: 6 to 8 Servings
1 lb Ozro
1 tbsp oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 14.5 oz can fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth
2 cups orange juice (from carton)
1/4 cup cooking sherry
2 tsp Caribbean jerk seasoning
1- ˝ lbs medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cook pasta according to pasta directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large deep
skillet over medium heat.
3. Add onion, red bell pepper, and garlic; saute
until tender, about 4 minutes.
4. Stir ozro, chicken broth, orange juice, cooking
sherry and jerk seasoning; bring to boil, stirring
5. Return heat to medium-low; partially cover and
simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in shrimp and black beans; simmer 2 minutes
7. Turn off heat, cover tightly and let stand 10
minutes, or until liquid is almost absorbed. Stir in