Makes: 8 Servings
1 lb Penne, Mostaccioli, or other medium pasta
1 lb lean boneless top round steak
1 1/4 cup low-sodium tomato juice, divided
1/4 cup lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
˝ tsp ground cumin
˝ tsp ground red pepper
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
1 cup sliced purple onion
1 cup nonfat sour cream
1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
1. Slice steak diagonally across the grain into 1/4
2. Place steak in zip-top plastic bag.
3. Add ˝ cup tomato juice, lime juice, garlic, cumin
and ground red pepper. Marinate in
refrigerator at least 4 hours.
4. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
5. While pasta is cooking, remove steak from
marinade. Discard marinade.
6. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add oil
and place over high heat until hot.
7. Add steak and cook 3 minutes or until done.
8. Remove steak from skillet and keep warm. Re-coat
skillet with cooking spray.
9. Add pepper strips and onion to skillet, saute
10. When pasta is done, drain well. Place in large
bowl. Add steak, pepper mixture, sour cream,
jalapeno, and remaining 3/4 cup tomato juice. Toss.
11. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.