CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI PASTA DIJON
Makes: 4 Servings
1 lb Mostaccioli, Penne or other medium pasta shape,
8oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into
˝ tsp salt
˝ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp vegetable oil
3 cups broccoli florets
1 large red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
˝ cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 12oz can evaporated skim milk
1 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, toss chicken with salt,
pepper and garlic.
3. Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking
spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
4. Add chicken mixture; stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or
until chicken is cooked through.
5. Remove chicken from skillet and place in a medium
6. Add broccoli, red pepper and chicken broth to
7. Cover; simmer over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or
until vegetables are tender-crisp.
8. Transfer to bowl with chicken.
9. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the milk with
cornstarch, mixing until smooth.
10. Add to skillet with remaining milk; bring to
boil, stirring constantly.
11. Reduce heat; stir in mustard.
12. Stir in reserved chicken mixture.
13. When pasta is done; drain well.
14. Toss with chicken mixture.
15. Serve immediately.