ANGEL HAIR PASTA WITH ROASTED PEPPER
SALSA AND CHICKEN
Makes: 5 Servings
1 lb Angel Hair or Capellini, uncooked
2 red bell peppers or
-1 red bell pepper and 1 yellow bell pepper
3 tbsp fresh basil, finely shredded
1 tsp balsamic vinegar or
-1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
8oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into
˝ cup chicken broth
1. Roast and peel the peppers. Transfer them to a
bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
2. Let them stand until cool.
3. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the
stems and seeds.
4. Scrape off the blackened skin of the pepper. Cut
the peppers into 1/4" pieces.
5. Toss the diced roasted peppers with the basil,
balsamic vinegar or lemon juice, garlic, salt and
pepper in a small bowl.
6. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
7. While pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large
skillet over medium-high heat.
8. Add the chicken and stir until cooked through,
about 4 minutes.
9. Add the roasted pepper salsa and stir in 30
seconds, scraping up the brown bits that stick to the
10. Remove the skillet from the heat.
11. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the
12. Add the water and the chicken broth to the
skillet with the chicken mixture.
13. Return the pasta to the pot.
14. When the chicken is cooked through, transfer the
contents of the skillet to the pot and heat over
high heat until the sauce is boiling and reduced
enough to lightly coat the pasta.
15. Season to taste. Serve hot