1. Heat peanut oil in a wok.
2. Sizzle the ginger and garlic briefly then add
tofu and stir-fry for a few minutes.
3. Add scallions, sesame oil, tamari soy sauce and
stir well. Set aside and cool.
4. Set up work area with wonton wrappers, water and
5. Place a wrapper in front of you in a diamond
6. Drop a heaping teaspoonful of filling in the
centre of the wrapper.
7. Moisten all 4 edges with water and pull the top
corner down to the bottom, folding the wrapper
over the filling to make a triangle.
8. Press edges firmly to make a seal.
9. Bring left and right corners together above the
10. Overlap the tips of these corners, moisten with
water and press together.
11. Place completed wrapper on the corn-starch
platter and continue till all wrappers are used.
12. Heat 2 to 3 cups of oil in a wok. Deep fry
wontons 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden
13. Serve with dipping sauce.