1. Sift flour, beat eggs until thick and creamy,
gradually beat in sifted flour and salt.
2. When mixture is too stiff to beat, work in by
hand enough of the remaining flour to give a firm
3. Knead dough until smooth.
4. Make a dent in the dough, add oil then work in
5. Roll dough out, it should be paper thin.
6. Cut into 3 rectangles.
7. Drop one pastry into hot oil. As soon as it turns
white and bubbles up, remove and place on
8. Roll up pastry quickly with two forks.
9. Return to oil, make sure it doesn’t unroll.
10. Turn once, to brown, then drain.
11. To serve, heat together water and honey, then
dribble over theepless.
12. Sprinkle cinnamon over top.