1. Mix flour with egg whites and 9oz (250 ml) water
to make a firm dough. Knead until smooth and
elastic then cover with a warm wet cloth and let
2. Knead the dough for 3 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 50 portions and each into a
circle 5 inches (13 cm) in diameter.
4. Stack 10 fine pieces, one on top of the other.
5. Flour lightly between each of the 10 pieces.
6. Press the end of the rolling pin into the dough
circularly to make 1 inch (25 mm) long marks, and
separate them to avoid sticking.
7. Heat the oil or lard in a wok until the oil
8. Add the cooked meat and bamboo shoots and
9. Add the shrimp eggs, ginger, 1 tsp of the rice
wine, 1 tsp of the salt, and ½ tsp of the MSG.
10. Continue to stir-fry 1 minutes. Remove and cool.
11. Mix the uncooked meat with the remaining ½ tsp
of MSG, 1 tsp of the rice wine, 1 tsp of the salt,
soy sauce, sesame oil and a little water.
12. Add the bamboo shoots and cooked meat. Mix well.
13. Divide the filling into 50 portions.
14. Take a pastry circle and place 1 portion of the
filling in the centre.
15. Pull up the edges of the pastry around the
filling to make a cylinder, leaving the top open so the
filling is visible and the dumpling resembles a
16. Repeat until all the dumplings are made.
17. Place the dumplings in a steamer and steam for 5
minutes over high heat.
18. Sprinkle with the stock and continue to steam
until cooked through.
19. Remove and Serve.