1. Briefly dip grape leaves in boiling water then
rinse them with cold water and wipe dry.
2. Mix the onions with half the oil.
3. After a while, mix in the rice, 250ml hot water
and the remaining except for the oil and the
4. Boil the mixture for 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Wrap one tbsp of the mixture with a grape leaf
and repeat until completed.
6. Carefully place the dolmades in a pot with some
space between them.
7. Cover the dolmades with a plate and add the rest
of the oil and the lemon juice with 500ml of
8. Boil at low heat for 30 minutes, until some water
is absorbed and the rice is done.
9. Serve cold with slices of lemon.