1. Using a mallet or meat tenderiser flatten out the
pork fillets evenly.
2. Season the flour with salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Place the beaten eggs and breadcrumbs on separate
plates or bowls.
4. Coat the pork in the flour then eggs and finely
the breadcrumbs shaking off any excess crumbs.
5. Set aside until ready to cook.
6. Heat some oil in a deep fryer or wok to 180-190C.
7. Cook 1 or 2 fillets at a time in the hot oil for
around 5 minutes until they are golden brown.
8. Remove them from the heat and drain them on
kitchen paper and keep warm while you cook the
9. Place a bed of cabbage on each plate.
11. Slice the pork fillets into 6-8 slices and place
them on the cabbage.
12. Accompany each serving of pork with a bowl of
rice, mustard and Tonkatsu sauce or a mixture
of Worcestershire sauce.