1 pound Italian sweet sausage
1/2 cup chopped onions
4 slices bread, crumbled
1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
20 Jumbo Shells, parboiled and drained
2 jars (15 1/2 ounce) Ragu' Spaghetti Sauce, divided
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Pre−heat oven to 350 degrees
1. Prick sausage with fork and parboil in small
amount of water, in
covered skillet for 15 minutes. Drain. Chop sausage
and fry along
with onions, until brown and crumbly, stirring
often. Spoon off
excess fat. Add egg, bread, and parsley, and mix
2. Fill hot parboiled shells with sausage mixture,
using a teaspoon.
3. Pour 1/2 Ragu Spagetti sauce into a 13 x 9 x 2
inch pan. Arrange
shells in pan.
4. Pour remaining Ragu sauce over shells. Cover
tightly with foil and
bake for 30 minutes, or till hot and bubbly.
5. Remove foil; sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over
top and bake
uncovered for about 10 minutes more.
Serve with a salad and homemade bread.
These leftovers freeze very well.