1. Mix the flour and baking powder with 9 fl oz (250
ml) of water.
2. Knead until smooth and elastic, then cover with a
warm wet cloth and let rise.
3. Mix the pork with the soy sauce and ginger.
4. Gradually add 5oz (140 ml) of water, 1 ½ oz at a
time, stirring after each addition until the pork
becomes a thick paste.
5. Mix in the scallions and sesame oil.
6. Knead the dough and roll into a long roll.
7. Divide it into 30 potions and roll each into a
flat circle about 3 inches (7 to 8 cm) in diameter.
8. Divide fillings into 30 portions.
9. Place with about 1 portion of the pork filling
and pinch the edges together into 18 pleats.
10. Place the dumplings in a steamer and steam for 7
11. Remove and serve.