ROTINI WITH PORK AND BROCCOLI
Makes: 4 to 6 Servings
1 lb Rotini, Twists or Spirals, uncooked
10oz very lean pork, trimmed
1 tbsp vegetable or peanut oil
1 medium onion, peeled, cut in half and sliced thin
2 tsps finely chopped garlic
2 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
2 cups carrots, sliced
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 ½ tbsps molasses or honey
2 tbsps dry roasted peanuts, unsalted
1/4 cup water
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions;
drain and set aside.
2. Cut the pork into ½-inch strips and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high
4. Saute pork until well done, remove and set aside.
5. Add onion and garlic and stir until onion is
wilted and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
6. Add broccoli, carrots and pork, saute until
vegetables are crisp and tender, about 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Combine soy sauce, molasses and water and to
8. Heat to boiling.
9. Add pasta to the pork-broccoli mixture and stir
until pasta is well mixed.
10. Serve immediately.
11. Garnish with chopped peanuts.