Hot Italian Sausage Link #32814,
sliced 4 links
Heavy Cream 1 ½ cups
Asiago Cheese, grated 1 cup
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-gauge saucepan on
2. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring
frequently, for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the rice and stir frequently for 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in the sliced mushrooms and 2 cups of the
chicken broth. Lower the flame to
very low, cover the pot and simmer, stirring
occasionally, for 5-7 minutes.
5. Add 2 more cups of the chicken broth, cover the
pot and simmer for an additional
6. Add the balance of the chicken stock and the
Italian Sausage and mix well.
7. Cook the risotto until the rice absorbs the
majority of the stock and becomes
starchy and soft.
8. Add the heavy cream and grated Asiago cheese and
9. Serve immediately.